The Defender represents a major advance in design features that clearly outperform the old attempts at intrusion prevention.
Select the Defender for serious protection.
- Zinc coated steel with a powder coated finish helps stand the test of time.
- Vertical bars allow lint to pass through while birds and squirrels cannot come in.
- Metal cannot be broken off or eaten by various critters.
- Hooded design allows for additional weather protection.
- Powder coated color options help match the existing siding to maintain exterior aesthetics.
- Various sizes cover 3", 4", 5" and 6" vents.
- Numerous mounting options are available.
- Installs easily on all siding types.
- Easily removable for duct cleaning and re-installation.
- Hides unsightly vents with hooded feature.
- Durable metal maintains form and function over time.
- Long lasting solution that doesn’t need to be replaced.
Traditional Vent Guards
- ☹ Plastic vent covers deteriorate from UV rays.
- ☹ Cross bars block lint at a rapid rate, making the dryer vent far less efficient.
- ☹ Plastic materials are susceptible to critter entry.
- ☹ Accessible grates allow rain/snow to enter the covers which turns lint into a thick papier-mâché like barrier.
- ☹ Standard white plastic often does not match and creates a dull, unsightly finish over time.
- ☹ Standard sizes only cover 4" vents.
- ☹ Single mounting method required.
- ☹ Installs on limited amounts of siding materials.
- ☹ Plastic materials may fall apart upon re-installation.
- ☹ Unsightly vents remain visible.
- ☹ Softer plastics break, bend, warp, and crack over time.
- ☹ Cheaper solution that is often replaced.